Friday, August 3, 2007

Prayer of St.Francis


My heart is burden with a rock.
Every time this happens I like to read the following note given by Prayer of St. Francis
I am non religious but respect all religion theories.

Lord make me an instrument of Thy peace-
Where there is hatred, I may bring love;
Where there is wrong, I may bring the
Spirit of forgiveness;
That where there is discord, I may bring harmony;
Where there is error, I may bring truth;
Where there is doubt, I may bring faith;
Where there is despair, I may bring hope;
Where there are shadows, I may bring light;
Where there is sadness, I may bring joy;
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to
Comfort than to be comforted;
To understand, than to be understood;
To love, than to be loved;
For it is by self- forgetting that one finds;
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven;
It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.

1 comment:

Q said...

It is a beautiful prayer!
I also say it.
I will say it with you.
We can be together in our prayers to St. Francis.
Hugs,
Sherry