Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My First Job


As I am cleaning out my old stuff in the drawer, I found this " Student Non Factory Employment Certificate" Valid for part time and Vocation Employment of a Minor 14 or 15 years of Age.
By Board of Education - City of New York Bureau of Attendance. Flash back...............
I was about 12 or 13 years old working in a factory with my mother after school on daily basics .
I worked as a Button Operator, contacting with sharpen needles, threads,buttons, loud machines, dirty environment and workers around my parents ages.
There were a couple of times, my fingers stitches with thread from the needle, bleeding like hell, work has to continued....... with another finger to picks button into the machine. If the contractor of the factory requesting this "Lot " of clothing or pants had to finishing by the date on the contract. We stayed over night in the factory with the mouse. As for my memories, two day over night in the factory with my mother, and I went to school in the morning, came back 3 pm starting works till morning to school. I remembered my brother whose 3 yrs older than me came and helped as well back then.
I'd slept (passed out ) for almost 15 hours after the "Battle".Lolllllllllll
I enjoyed working with my brother at his factory ( his job back then), he would treated me to lunch (Good Food) and gave me salaries by day! Unlike my mother, I don't get a shit from working. She said it all included in the apartment I live in, clothing I wear, food I eaten etc.... well, oh well..................................
After a few years , I started my own adventure of working experience- I have done 14 jobs in my life so far!

2 comments:

Q said...

I have enjoyed your journal so very much this morning.
Thank you for sharing your memories and your adventures.
Looking forward to more of your posts.
Nameste,
Sherry

C. hailey R said...

To Sherry:
The morning Bird picture on your lovely blog really awaken my mind this morning as well!
I am glad my memories did not bore you down.he he he